HaSET Nonprofit Corporation
Job Title: HaSET Senior Administration and Finance Officer
Reports to: HaSET Country Director
Location: Addis Ababa
Job Type: Full time
The HaSET Nonprofit Corporation is formed to advance the health of mothers, babies and children. HaSET has a vision of research for healthy mothers, healthy babies, and healthy children in Ethiopia. Our vision can be achieved by catalyzing an innovative, creative, and impact-focused research environment with institutions and academic universities to advance the health of mothers, newborns, and children in Ethiopia. HaSET has been working in Ethiopia since 2018, collaborating with Saint Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College and the Ethiopian Public Health Institute, among other partners.
The Senior Administration & Finance Officer reports to the Country Director and oversees all operations, administrative and finance responsibilities. The Senior Administration & Finance Officer ensures administrative and fiscal efficiency of HaSET’s operations in Ethiopia and is based full-time in Addis Ababa with travel in Ethiopia to support HaSET field activities.
Summary of Position
The Senior Administration & Finance Officer ensures smooth operations of HaSET programs in the realms of administration, finance, and operations. Specifically, the Senior Officer:
- Works with the Country Director to manage HaSET administrative duties and efficient office operations.
- Coordinates with the Country Director and other HaSET team members to ensure smooth financial management, procurement, and logistics support.
- Supports staff recruitment and retention in partnership with Human Resources Management service providers.
- Oversees project budget, tracks expenses, and prepares financial reports.
- Collaborates with partner organizations to ensure coordination of site visits/travel, senior staff schedules, procurement, and reporting.
- Organize staff meetings in consultation with the project leads and take minutes.
- Prepare weekly updates for staff and partners.
- Organize HaSET Steering Committee and Working Group meetings and take minutes; support logistics of HaSET Stakeholder Advisory Group and Technical Advisory Group.
- Facilitate institutional agreements and receipt of signatures on required documentation.
- Email communication with stakeholders and collaborators on behalf of the team.
- Assist the Country Director and HaSET team members in managing schedules, meetings, and meeting logistics.
- Manage office spaces of the project, including office phone and internet, office supplies and furniture.
- Oversee and track all project payments.
- Manage petty cash fund.
- Prepare payment requests, facilitate Country Director approval, and submit according to approved budget, follow up and facilitate payment.
- Review financial reports to ensure timely posting of expenditures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, as required and in accordance with donor agreements.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget for HaSET in coordination with the Country Director and HaSET team members.
- Prepare an annual procurement plan based on the approved budget.
- Prepare procurement requests, oversee approval, manage purchases, and follow up on the status of procurement.
- Maintain project asset inventory, including labeling and storage of procured items.
- Arrange accommodation, hotels, travel documents for project team members and visiting investigators.
- Arrange logistics for field travel including insurance, vehicles/drivers, flights, and hotels.
- Arrange logistics for workshops/seminars/trainings, including venue and related requirements.
- Facilitate duplication and binding of materials and other preparatory work for workshops, field work, and meetings.
- Facilitate staff recruitment and contract extension in partnership with human resource management service provider.
- Coordinate reporting on HaSET program activities with donors, government of Ethiopia, and other stakeholders, in accordance with agreements and organizational requirements.
- Provide administrative support as required to the project team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance-related field
- At least 2 years experience working in project administration or international development
- Collaborative skills including ability to work in team, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent track record in administration and financial management
- Interest in maternal and child health
- Full-time commitment to position with no additional consultancies or paid positions during employment.
- Willingness to engage in approximately 10% travel to the field
- Written and spoken fluency in English required
Applications, including a cover letter, C.V., writing sample, and three references, should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HaSET Senior Administration and Finance Officer” in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 7 working days from the date of the announcement.